School Office & Scrip OPEN
Monday, 8/6 - Thursday, 8/9 from 8 am - 2 pm (Come to Entrance G): Closed on Friday, 8/10
School Office OPEN - Bell Tower Entrance
Monday, 8/13 - Friday, 8/17 from 8 am - 4 pm (Bell Tower entrance will re-open 8/13)
SCRIP Office SPECIAL HOURS
CLOSED: Monday, 8/13 - Wednesday, 8/15 to move into their new office space
OPEN: Thursday, 8/16 & Friday, 8/17 from 8 am - 4 pm
School year hours begin the week of August 20
School Office: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm
SCRIP Office: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm
School start time is 7:55 am with a 3:15 pm dismissal
FVLHS Handbook Agreement
Students and families need to complete the FVLHS Handbook Agreement prior to August 20. With your student, log in to your Skyward Family Access account. Click on "An Online Form is now Available" at the top of the homepage. Please follow the prompts.
- Families with multiple students need to do this with each student.
- The FVLHS Handbook Agreement prompts are also under the "Online Forms" tab on the left side of the Skyward Family Access homepage.
- If you do not have access to a computer to complete the Handbook Agreement, you may use a mobile device. You may also contact Heather Knoll (920.739.4441 or email@example.com) to set up an appointment to use a computer on campus.
Monday, August 20
- 8:45-11 am: Returning Sophomores (including returning international and transfer students)
- 9:45 am-noon: Returning Juniors (including returning international and transfer students)
- 10:45 am - 1 pm: Returning Seniors (including returning international and trasnfer students)
Tuesday, August 21
- 7:45 am - 1:45 pm: Freshmen (hot lunch is provided--no fee)
- 7:45 - 3 pm: New International students (hot lunch is provided--no fee)
What to bring:
- Laptop Case (if not purchasing from FVL)
Students will receive:
- Class schedules
- Locker number
- Laptops (if the Handbook Agreement is complete)
Available for purchase at Orientation:
- Laptop case ($20) - unless bringing one from home (laptop dimensions are 12" x 8.5" x .75")
- FVL combination locks ($5 each) - must be FVL locks and will need one for main hall lockers and athletic locker room
- Student parking pass ($10) - forms will be available on Orientation Day
Student Laptop Distribution
(Students must have a case and have completed the Handbook Agreement BEFORE a laptop will be issued.)
- All students receive a Lenovo Yoga laptop for the school year. The laptop must be in a case when not in use.
- Students can purchase a case from FVL on Orientation Day (available at $20 each) or from another source. FVL cases will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. If more cases need to be ordered, temporary cases will be provided until additional cases arrive (also $20 each).
- Students using a case purchased through FVL will receive a waiver for their first $50 damage deductible. This waiver extends to students using recycled cases from former FVL students using recycled cases from former FVL students.
- International students do not need to purchase a case; it is provided as part of their international tuition/fees.
- Questions? Contact Alan Nolte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All students are required to have their photo taken for their ID and the yearbook. Parents are not required to purchase pictures, but those who wish to order pictures have two options:
- Go to inter-state.com/order and use the order code 29747SB -- Online ordering can be done any time.
- Print this School Picture Informational Sheet, fill it out, and bring it to Orientation Day, along with cash or check for the order.
New FVL Clothing on Sale!
The Foxes Locker (located in the FVL Commons) will have special hours during the two orientation days. Parents and students are welcome to shop for FVL wear during these hours. The Foxes Locker accepts checks or cash.
- Monday, August 20: 10 am - 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 21: 11:30 - 2 pm
- E-funds is being used for hot lunch payment. Go to the top gray navigation bar at fvlhs.org for the link or to "Parents>Food Service/Menus>Pay for Food Service."
- Menus and nutrition information are under "Parents>Food Service/Menus>Food Service Information."
Student Locker Use
- Locker numbers will be updated in Skyward Family Access the week of August 13
- Please do not have students bring supplies to school before August 20. The Academic wing will be closed until then due to construction.
- Students will not have time during their orientation session to put materials into their lockers, so they should plan accordingly.
Parking stalls in both the east and south lots are available for students through the parking permit process. Students may purchase their parking permit on Orientation Day during their scheduled time. Each grade will have a designated area in both lots. Seniors will be closer to the building, then juniors, then sophomores.
School-Year Attendance Procedures
If a student is sick or going to be late, a parent must phone FVL at 920-739-4441. When family trips, college visits, or doctor appointments will force a student to miss a day or partial day, students are to submit a Pre-Planned Absence Form. This form is available in the School Office and on our website under "Parents>Forms." Scroll down to the heading "Hand Links to Additional Forms." Questions? Email Attendance Coordinator Molly Peterson (email@example.com).
Piano and/or organ lessons will be offered during the school day from Mrs. Deb Wenzel again this year. Information will be available in the School Office in late August.
Please visit fvlhs.org for the latest busing information ("Admissions>Transportation"). Parents of students who plan on riding the bus need to contact the busing company directly to make sure their name is on their list. The phone numbers are listed on the web page. All busing info is updated as soon as the bus companies share their schedules with us. Busing will begin on the first day of class (August 22) with the exception of Valley Transit (Appleton City Bus); this will start after Labor Day.
General Board Meetings
The FVL Federation is governed by the FVL General Board, which consists of pastors, teachers, and lay delegates from all member congregations. This Board meets at 7 pm on September 25, 2018; February 25, 2019; and May 21, 2019 during the 2018-19 school year. These meetings are open to parents and held in the FVL auditorium.