Looking for a way to serve in the FVL ministry? FVL is hiring a full-time second shift custodian to start immediately. This position is an important part of the FVL ministry by helping provide a safe and secure campus. This position also qualifies for family health insurance.
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
Start Date: Immediately
Pay Range: $13.25-$15.25/Hour, Based on Experience & Qualifications
The FVL Custodian must be a person with a basic knowledge of cleaning and general maintenance. This person should be a self-starter and able to work on their own with little or no supervision. He/she must understand high school teens and deal with them in a rational and Christian manner.
- is accountable and reports to the Facilities Manager.
- updates and advises the Facilities Manager regarding building maintenance.
- works as a team with all other custodial staff and summer help.
- will help ensure building security (lights, doors).
- completes minor maintenance of equipment and fixtures.
- shovels snow when necessary.
- is responsible to clean, vacuum, dust, mop, empty trash in his/her areas of responsibility throughout the entire school.
- will operate sweeper machine, floor scrubber, rider scrubber and floor buffer as needed.
- will be included in the weekend duty rotation as needed.
This position is an hourly position with the expectation that this person will work 8 hours per day/40 hours per week, with a half-hour break. The normal work day will be established in consultation with the Facilities Manager and may vary depending on events, weather and time of year.
Applicants must be a member in good standing with a WELS/ELS church.
Hours for the second shift custodial position will be 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm.