May 24 Results --
Soccer vs Lux-Casco -- WIN, 2-0
FVL outshot Lux-Casco 25-7 throughout the game. Shelby Hewitt scored the first goal in the second half, and Isabelle Hermann scored again at 41:30, assisted by Cassidy Duciaume.
Track Sectionals at Freedom --
Out of 31 teams, the girls took second at sectionals with 79 points, and out of 35 teams, the boys took 13th with 20 points. It was a night of split second moments, results hundredths of seconds apart, and astonishing finishes.
The following athletes qualified for state competition!
- Louisa Marxen: Long Jump (1st, 17-07); 100 m Dash (1st, 12.20, School Record); 4x100 m Relay (2nd, 49.43, School Record); 4x200 m Relay (1st, 1:46.15)
- Olivia Verbeke: 800 m Run (3rd, 2:21.27); 4x400 m Relay (4th, 4:10.44)
- Anika Homan: 3200 m Run (2nd, 11:48.84, School Record); 1600 m Run (2nd, 5:24.94, School Record)
- Ellyse Wolfrath: 100 m Hurdles (2nd, 15.68)
- Hannah Hungerford: 4x200 m Relay; 4x100 m Relay; 4x400 m Relay
- Leyna Herzog-Hahnke: 4x200 m Relay; 4x100 m Relay
- Reagan Duwe: 4x200 m Relay
- Jennifer Prillwitz: 100 m Dash (6th, 12.72); 4x100 m Relay
- Anna Ewart: 4x400 m Relay
- Maddie Jacobsen: 4x400 m Relay
- Hunter Thelen: 4x400 m Relay (3rd, 3:29.67)
- Sam Steigenberger: 4x400 m Relay
- Caleb Kolell: 4x400 m Relay
- Eric Wenzel: 4x400 m Relay
- Jordan Hempel: 110 m Hurdles (6th, 15.17)
Per the WIAA extra qualifying standards, if an athlete's time or distance puts them in the top eight in the State based on their sectional performance, they go to State as an extra qualifier. Because of this, Jennifer Prillwitz and Jordan Hempel will be advancing!
Visit https://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Results/Track/2018/freedomsectional.htm for a full list of results.